Sunday, January 10, 2010

TWA at NParks

Come onboard the learning journey to NParks
Teacher Work Attachment at NParks




The experience of a teacher, Ms Lee Lin-Tze from PLMGS(PRI)
Background
The TWA programme encourages Education Officers to take up work attachments in
other organisations to broaden perspectives, create new learning experiences for professional development and to enrich their students’ learning.
Last December break, I chanced upon this opportunity for me to learn, be trained and at the same time render my experiences as a primary school teacher in PLMGS(PRI) to NParks. Prior to my learning experience, both my VPs, Ms Chiam Lee Meng and Ms Yap Foon Lyn and my Principal, Mrs Christine Ho, took time to guide me in crafting my learning objectives to meet the needs of the school. Thereafter, I sought the expertise of staff at NParks to help me realise and achieve the intended aims and objectives of my TWA. It was with great pleasure to note that upon receipt of my request, the HR assistant at NParks, Ms Lau Shu Hui, immediately processed the information and searched for the right department for me to be attached to.
Within 3 weeks, two interviews were arranged and conducted with two different department Heads in NParks and a match was created.
During my month-long stint at NParks, I was attached to HRD learning under the excellent leadership of the department’s Deputy Director, Mr Yong Fook Chyi and Head of Technical Training, Mr Shamril Jamil. Not only were my objectives met but my experience at NParks further confirmed that learning from or with practitioners of other/my own field(s) is to a large extent, impetus to my development from a teacher to a confident and motivated leader in the class and in my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment